WatchGuard LogsUpdated Nov 10, 2023
You can configure WatchGuard® Firebox to send the necessary logs to Arctic Wolf® for security monitoring security using Policy Manager.
- An activated Arctic Wolf Sensor
- Access to Policy Manager with administrator permissions
- Add syslog servers.
- Save the configuration file.
- Provide your WatchGuard Firebox information to Arctic Wolf.
Sign in to Policy Manager.
Click Setup > Logging.
In the Logging Setup dialog, select the Send log messages to these syslog servers checkbox.
In the Configure Syslog dialog, in the IP Address field, enter the IP address of your Arctic Wolf Sensor.
The Port field automatically populates with the default syslog server port,
Configure these settings:
- Log Format — Select either Syslog or IBM LEEF.
- Description — (Optional) Enter a description for the server.
- The serial number of the device — (Optional) To include the serial number of the Firebox in the log message details, select the checkbox.
- (Optional) The serial number of the device — To include the serial number of the Firebox in the log message details, select the checkbox.
- (IBM LEEF format only) The syslog header — Select the checkbox.
- Syslog Settings — For each type of log message, select a syslog facility:
- Local0 — Select for high-priority log messages. For example, alarms.
- Local1 – Local7 — Select for lower priority log messages.
In the Configure Syslog dialog, click OK.
In the Logging Setup dialog, click OK.
In Policy Manager, click File > Save > To Firebox.
In the Save to Firebox dialog, in the IP Address or Name field, enter or select an IP address or name.
Note: If you use a name, the name must resolve through DNS. If you enter an IP address, include all numbers and periods.
In the Administrator User Name and Administrator Passphrase fields, enter the credentials for a device administrator for a read-write user account.
In the Authentication Server list, select the correct authentication server for the user account that you specified.
If you use an Active Directory server for authentication, in the Domain field, enter the domain name of your Active Directory server.
Sign in to the Arctic Wolf® Unified Portal.
Click Help > Open a New Ticket.
On the Open a New Ticket page, configure these settings:
- What is this ticket related to? — Select General request.
- Subject — Enter
- Related ticket (optional) — Keep blank.
- Message — Enter this information for your Concierge Security® Team (CST):
- Confirmation that you completed the steps in this configuration guide.
- The IP address or hostname you used during the configuration.
- Any questions or comments that you have.
Click Send Message.
Your CST will review the details, and then confirm that Arctic Wolf is successfully processing the logs.