This guide describes how to deploy the AWN202 10G Sensor with mirroring. This figure shows a simplified network map of a mirror deployment:
In the box
These items are in the box:
- AWN202 Sensor
- Three ethernet cables
- Power cord
- One red crossover ethernet cable — Use only if needed
- Two white Cat 6A cables with two SFP+ Transceivers — If ordered
- Two Twinax 10G cables — If ordered
- Two aqua LC-LC short range multi-mode fiber cables — If ordered
- Optional rack ears for mounting
- Extra SSD cable — Use only if needed
Before you begin
Before you install your sensor:
- For best performance, do not rate limit the sensor with Quality of Service (QoS).
- Your sensor is equipped with a tamper evident asset ID, AWN-12XXXXXX. Contact email@example.com if the asset ID is missing or appears tampered with.
Note: If your firewall performs SSL/TLS inspection, AllowList the sensor management IP address and verify that your firewall allows outbound access from that IP address over port 443 to the IP addresses listed under If you are a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) customer on the Arctic Wolf IP Addresses page in the Arctic Wolf Portal.
This figure shows the sensor ports used in this installation procedure for the copper and TwinAX models:
This figure shows the sensor ports used in this installation procedure for the Fiber model:
To perform the staging installation:
Rack the sensor in its final location.
Use an ethernet cable to connect the Management Port, port 1, on the sensor to a network switch with an outbound connection.
Plug in and power on the sensor.
Tip: The Power LED turns green when the sensor is on.
Ping the management IP address that you provided to Arctic Wolf to verify network connectivity.
Wait 15 minutes, and then verify if the Sensor Status LED, which is second from the top, turns green. This means that the sensor is connected to the Arctic Wolf monitoring service.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot perform steps 3, 4, or 5 successfully.
To deploy AWN202 10G sensor with mirroring:
Configure up to two 10Gb and five 1 Gb ports on your switch as mirror ports. For more information, see Switch Port Mirroring.
Use one of these cables to connect a 10Gb mirror port on the sensor to the mirror port on your switch:
- Aqua LC-LC multi-mode fiber cable
- White Cat 6A cable
- Twinax 10G cable
(Optional) Use an ethernet cable to connect a 1 Gb mirror port on the sensor to the appropriate mirror port on your switch.
Contact email@example.com to confirm that Arctic Wolf is seeing your network traffic.