Overview of Managed Security Awareness configuration Direct link to this section
Arctic Wolf Managed Security Awareness® (MA) delivers security awareness and compliance training through microlearning sessions, quizzes, automated phishing simulations, and compliance training modules.
This guide explains the initial configuration process for MA.
Required configuration options Direct link to this section
You must configure these options as a minimum:
Configure user enrollment in the MA program using one of these options:
Integrate MA with Azure Active Directory (AD) or Microsoft 365 — See Integrating Managed Security Awareness with Azure Active Directory or Microsoft 365.
Tip: Arctic Wolf recommends this option because after the configuration is complete, you can easily edit users and user groups in Azure AD or Microsoft 365 to manage user enrollment in the MA program.
Send your user list for your Concierge Security® Team (CST) to manually update — See Managing MA user list.
AllowList MA emails from a variety of email providers such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace — See Managed Security Awareness AllowListing.
Managing MA user list Direct link to this section
To manually manage users enrolled in the MA program:
Create a CSV file with these column headers in this exact order, from left to right:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
Fill in the rows with corresponding information of the users that you want to add to the program.
Tip: If you are updating the users enrolled in the MA program, you can:
- overwrite the existing user list by creating a comprehensive list of users.
- unenroll users by creating a list of users to be removed from the program.
Sign in to the Arctic Wolf Portal.
- For MSPs, search for the desired customer account. Then, select Switch Customer.
Submit a ticket with the CSV attachment and instructions for how to update the existing user list:
- Select Contact Your CST from the menu bar.
- Enter a subject and message in the contact form with instructions for whether the users listed in the CSV file should be added to, be removed from, or overwrite the existing user list.
- Upload the CSV file.
- Click Send to submit the ticket to your Concierge Security® Team (CST).
Optional next steps Direct link to this section
After you configure MA, you can optionally:
Configure autoplay for MA sessions in browsers such as Firefox and Microsoft Edge — See Managed Security Awareness Autoplay Configuration.
Tip: Autoplay is available by default on Google Chrome.
Send an email to your team about the upcoming MA program launch — See Managed Security Awareness Welcome Email.