Arctic Wolf Managed Risk Scanner — Script ConfigurationUpdated Nov 6, 2023
You can use a migration script to migrate all Managed Risk Scanner configurations, preferences, and scan schedules.
- Install your new scanner. If you have a physical scanner, complete the instructions that Arctic Wolf sent to you. If you have a virtual sensor, see Managed Risk Scanner Installation and Configuration Guide for more information.
- If you are migrating a physical scanner, contact your Concierge Security Team® (CST) to replace the hardware.
- Make sure the required IP address ranges are allowlisted.
- Verify that your new scanner is registered and that it can connect to Arctic Wolf. See Scanner Configuration for more information.
- Arctic Wolf® recommends doing one of these actions:
- Open two instances of the Risk Dashboard to view both the old and new scanners.
- Take screenshots of the old scanner configuration, troubleshooting settings, and scan schedules for future reference.
- Confirm that these are installed and configured:
- The latest Linux distribution
Download the tar file using the URL that your CST provided.
Run this command to extract the contents of the tar file:
tar -xvf migrate_config.tar
Run this command to change the extracted directory:
Run this command to change the permission of the script and let it run:
sudo chmod +x migrateScannerConfig.sh
Run this command to run the migration script:
When prompted, enter the old scanner UUID as the
source scanner UUID.
When prompted, enter the new scanner UUID as the
destination scanner UUID.
If the script succeeds, you are prompted by a messaged similar to
Configuration, preferences and schedules have been successfully migrated. If there is an error or issue, contact your CST and include the red status messages that explains the failure. Do not proceed with the migration.
If you have any credentialed scans that existed on your previous scanner, complete Add new scan credentials.
Contact your CST to inform them that you have completed all scanner migration steps. They will validate that all required configuration was successfully migrated to your new scanner.