Arctic Wolf Managed Risk Scanner — Manual ConfigurationUpdated Nov 6, 2023
You can manually migrate all Managed Risk Scanner configurations, preferences, and scan schedules.
- Install your new scanner. If you have a physical scanner, complete the instructions that Arctic Wolf sent to you. If you have a virtual sensor, see Managed Risk Scanner Installation and Configuration Guide for more information.
- If you are migrating a physical scanner, contact your Concierge Security Team® (CST) to replace the hardware.
- Make sure the required IP address ranges are allowlisted.
- Verify that your new scanner is registered and that it can connect to Arctic Wolf. See Scanner Configuration for more information.
- Arctic Wolf® recommends doing one of these actions:
- Open two instances of the Risk Dashboard to view both the old and new scanners.
- Take screenshots of the old scanner configuration, troubleshooting settings, and scan schedules for future reference.
- In the Risk Dashboard, click Config > Scanner Config.
- In the Scanner ID field, confirm that the new scanner is selected.
- In the Scanner Configuration section, configure these settings to match the old scanner:
- Host Identification Scans
- Vulnerability Scanning
- DenyList IP/Networks
- Host Collection DNS Servers
- Click Troubleshooting Settings.
- In the Troubleshooting settings dialog, configure these settings to match the old scanner:
- Brute force checks
- CGI scanning
- Only ping the target
For each schedule that you want to migrate, complete these steps:
- In the Scanning Schedule section, click Add a new scan schedule, and then enter all scan schedule details. See Add a new scan schedule for instructions.
- Click Configure.
- In the Scanner Configuration section, click the magnifying glass, and then select your old scanner UUID.
- Click the delete beside the scan schedules that you migrated to the new scanner.
- If you have any credentialed scans that existed on your previous scanner, complete Add new scan credentials.
- Contact your CST to inform them that you have completed all scanner migration steps. They will validate that all required configuration was successfully migrated to your new scanner.