Managed Risk Physical Scanner InstallationUpdated Sep 7, 2023
Note: The 200 Series Scanner applies to all scanner model types selected at onboarding.
- Verify that you received these items from Arctic Wolf:
- 200 Series Scanner
- Ethernet cable
- Power cord
- Add all necessary IP addresses, ports, and services to your allowlist for full scanner functionality.
Tip: To see the complete list of IP addresses that you must allowlist, go to the Arctic Wolf Unified Portal, and then click Help > Allowlist Requirements. The IP addresses that must be allowlisted are listed under Scanners.
- If you rate-limit the scanner with Quality of Service (QoS), remove this for best performance.
- If your firewall provides SSL/TLS inspection, do not perform this inspection on the scanner management IP address.
- If you are using an application proxy or layer 7 filter on your firewall, allow outbound traffic over OpenVPN for the scanner management IP address.
Install the scanner in the desired location.
Using the power cord, connect the power connector on the scanner to a power source.
Plug the Ethernet cable into the management port.
Use the power switch to turn on the scanner.
Set up a customer-configured appliance. See Set up a customer-configured appliance for more information.
Note: This step only applies if you selected customer-configured appliance on your onboarding form.
Configure the scanner. See Managed Risk Scanner configuration for more information.