Arctic Wolf Unified Portal Telemetry ManagementUpdated Feb 12, 2024
Sign in to the Arctic Wolf Unified Portal.
Click Telemetry Management > Scanners.
Click Configure for the scanner that you want to view.
Tip: If needed, use filters to limit your results. See Scanner filters for more information.
Click the Scanning Schedule tab.
The scanning schedule for the scanner displays this information:
Column Description Targets The host that the scanner will scan. Name The scan schedule name. Description A description of the scan schedule. Next Scan The date and time that the next scan will start. Frequency The type of schedule for this scan:
- Continuous — The scan runs continuously.
- Daily — The scan runs one time a day, based on the time that you configure.
- Weekly — The scan runs one time a week, based on the day and time that you configure.
- Monthly — The scan runs one time a month, based on the day and time that you configure.
Scan Window The window that the scan can run within, in hours. Options include 1 hour to 24 hours. Notes:
- If you schedule a large scan in a short window, the scan may never complete.
- If a scan cannot complete within a scheduled window, the scan resumes where the previous scan stopped the next time the schedule runs.
Priority The priority of the scan:
- Low — The scan runs after all other scans are complete.
- Medium — The scan runs after high priority scans but before low priority scans.
- High — The scan completes before all other scans. Notes:
- When scan schedules conflict, the priority of a scan determines which scan schedule should start first. For example, if a target is covered under a daily and a weekly scan, the one with the higher priority would go first. If the priority is the same value, the least recently scanned target is selected. If both schedules are equally least recently scanned, the scans are performed in numerical order based on the IP address listed in the Targets column.
- If there is a high priority scan that does not complete in the scanning time window, any low or medium priority scans will never run.
- If you start a new high priority scan when a low priority scan is in progress, the high priority scan will run after the current scan is complete. Any in-progress scan will complete before the new scan starts.
Scanning Displays whether the scan is Enabled or Disabled. Actions Provides controls that allow you to edit your scan schedule: